Kenneth J. Hirsch, AIA, LEED® AP has provided architectural services in Florida since 1976. He has been instrumental in the shaping, influencing and enhancing the architectural aesthetics of Boca Raton and communities in South Florida. Hirsch has forged a reputation for delivering landmark projects timely and with sensitivity to costs. Continuing client relationships and frequent referrals have been responsible for the firm’s success.
Prior to 1976, Hirsch was involved in architectural design in Southern California. A nationally known development firm engaged him to oversee the design and management of national projects; a responsibility that included California, Maryland and Florida. These years of involvement in project development yielded an incomparable understanding of the architectural and urban design process.
Recognizing opportunities for growth and the impact on community architecture, he relocated to Florida and opened an office in Pompano Beach. The firm moved to Boca Raton in 1979.
- Hirsch is noted for country club designs and entry statements for residential communities. Among the well-known locations are The Polo Club, Les Jardin, Breakers West, Boca Grove Country Club and New Floresta. Hirsch has provided community design additions and renovations for The Seasons, The Preserve and Princeton Estates in Woodfield Country Club.
- Frenchman’s Creek, in Jupiter, has more than 100 of its homes designed by Hirsch, as well as the Beach Club. St. Andrews Country Club also numbers more than 100 homes designed by Hirsch, in addition to the Phase II expansion of the Clubhouse.
- The Unicorn Village Academy is a unique facility in West Boca Raton serving 100 high school students with autism and related special needs. It is also the new administrative offices of the Unicorn Children’s Foundation.
- The 59,000SF Junior Achievement Huizenga Center at Broward College is an example of architectural expertise used in serving a non-profit organization. The facility is the largest of its kind in the world and provides financial literacy training for more than 50,000 children’s each year.
- Commercial projects include the US Corporate headquarters for the English company, History & Heraldry and Zimmer Corporation’s Research and Development facility, which received Boca Raton’s first “Facility of the Year Award”. Cosme-Plast medical building in Coral Springs and West Boca Medical Office Building represent unique medical office designs.
- Hirsch designed the Jog Road master plan entrance and classroom/administration building for Saint Andrew’s School in Boca Raton. Commissions also include the master plan, sanctuary and classroom buildings for St. Paul Lutheran Church and School.
- Hirsch’s impact upon the architectural beauty of Boca Raton is evidenced by residential designs in Boca Grove Country Club, Les Jardin, Woodfield Hunt Club, and St. Andrews Country Club among others. One of the first million dollar homes in the Sanctuary was designed by Hirsch.
- Along with private residences and commercial projects, Hirsch delivers consulting services with sustainable principles. He is involved in an integrated project delivery process to combine visioning, facilities planning, architecture, and construction administration. As a LEED AP, Hirsch has also focused on the ‘charrette” process to promote green and sustainable development teams. Ken Hirsch is known as a source for “sustainable architecture with vision”.
KENNETH J. HIRSCH, AIA Architect,
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Architecture, 1966
- Vision to Action Planning – Search Institute, Minneapolis, MN
- Effective Group Leadership Training Cornerstone Consulting, St. Louis, MO
- Facilitator Training – Interaction Associates, Boston, MA
- Professional Coach – Coach University, Houston, TX
- AIA/Georgetown University Leadership Institute, Washington DC
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional LEED AP
- ARCHITECTURAL REGISTRATION
- Florida AR7141
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- AIA Palm Beach Chapter, Board of Directors, Past Member
- AIA Palm Beach Chapter, Spanish River Section, Past President
- AIA/Florida Growth Management Committee, Past Chairman
- Florida Design Assistance Team (F/DAT), Past Chairman
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Past Member
- Gold Coast Builders Association. Past Member
- Business Development Board. Past Member
- International Coaching Federation, Past Member
- Standing Committee on Architecture – Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, Past Member
- Toastmasters International, Past VP Education, Boca Raton
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County, Past Member
- Palm Beach County Zoning Board of Adjustments, Past Member
- Florida Atlantic University Foundation Board of Directors, Past Member
- Palm Beach County Housing Partnership, Executive Committee, Past Member
- Rotary International District 6930 Governor ‘05-‘06
- Junior Achievement of South Florida, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Sea Level Adaptation Institute, Board of Directors, Past Member
- ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW BOARDS
- Boca Grove Plantation, consultant
- Les Jardin, Past
- St. Andrews Country Club, Past
- The Sanctuary, Past
Architecture with Vision
Ken Hirsch Architect AIA 561 672 7648 firstname.lastname@example.org